Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Tinkerbell Party

For Valerie's 3rd birthday she wanted a Tinkerbell party. A couple days before the party, I took her to get her first hair cut. She sat in the chair perfectly still and smiled at herself in the mirror the whole time. She looked so little and cute in the big chair!




The party was girls only and we invited only little girls her age. We started the party by letting the girls paint their nails, put on tinkerbell rings and stick-on earrings, and apply pixie dust (body glitter). They all loved the "pixie dust" and ended up pretty sparkly. :)


The party guests all came dressed as fairies in pretty wings and tutus. They were all so adorable!


We had a fairy wand hunt outside and here they are with their wands!


Having fun jumping!!


Opening presents


The tinkerbell cake


Getting a birthday hug!


This was my first time throwing a girl-themed party, so it was a lot of fun. I learned it's not a good idea to have any party games where the girls get "out" such as Captain Hook Hot Potato. Everytime one of them got out, they were on the verge of tears. Girls are much more sensitive than boys! :)
Thanks to all our little fairy friends who came and celebrated with us!

6 comments:

Anne Marie said...

So cute! I'm sad Hailey missed it.

Mom said...

How fun, and creative! Valerie must feel very special. Love the picture of her in the salon chair!

Amber said...

Oh my gosh that is hilarious. I would even have thought about someone crying because they got out. LOL. Oh life with boys is so different

Deanna said...

What a cute party! Major props to you Mom for putting it all together.

Spencer and Emily Nelson family said...

Why wasn't I invited? I have a fairy costume. It might not be appropriate, but I like glitter. ;)

Cassandra said...

How cute! Love her haircut. We did a party similar to that one for Aubrey. Girl parties are fun :)